Two delicious tastes of autumn combine to make this delicious pud. Serve warm with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 500g (1lb) blackberries
- 60g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- ½ level tsp mixed spice
For the cobbler:
- 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) butter, chilled
- 100g (3½oz) golden caster sugar
- 100ml (3½fl oz) buttermilk
- 1 level tbsp golden granulated sugar
- 1.25 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish, buttered
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the prepared pears and blackberries into the dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, cornflour and mixed spice, and gently mix together.
- To make the cobbler: Put the flour into a food processor with small chunks of butter and pulse for a few seconds to form crumbs. Add the sugar and buttermilk and whizz briefly to make a soft dough.
- Pull off clumps of the dough and put them on the fruit but don’t cover it completely. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for 35-40 mins until the fruit is tender and cobbler golden.
Nutritional information per portion