This tart recipe is perfect to whip out when you have friends over, and the creamy blue cheese adds flavour to the mild spinach
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 375g (13oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 250g (8oz) spinach leaves
- 30g (1oz) grated fresh Parmesan
- 285g jar artichokes in olive oil, well-drained (or similar product)
- 3 large eggs
- 100g (half a pot) crème fraîche, or double cream
- 100g (3½oz) blue cheese
- 33 x 23cm (13 x 9in) Swiss roll tin
- Roll out the pastry sheet a little larger to line the tin base and up the sides. Prick the base with a fork. Chill the pastry case while the oven heats up to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Wash spinach and steam in a pan until wilted. Leave to drain in a colander. Sprinkle Parmesan over the pastry base. Spread artichokes and the well-drained spinach on top.
- Beat together the eggs and crème fraîche, or cream, and pour over the tart filling. Crumble the blue cheese on top.
- Cook tart, below the centre of oven, for 30 mins, until the pastry is golden and the filling set. Cut into slices. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.