If you’ve got guests who don’t like the traditional Christmas Pudding, or if you fancy something a little different for your festive dessert, try this deliciously creamy, fruity trifle
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 blueberry muffins
- 2 oranges
- 3-4 tbsp Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 250-500g fresh vanilla custard
- 300ml whipping cream
- Slice the muffins and arrange them evenly in the base of a serving dish.
- Finely grate the rind of 1 orange and zest in strips the rind of the other orange. Peel and segment oranges, catching any juice that runs out and then squeeze the membranes to extract any other juice before discarding them.
- Mix the orange juice with the Grand Marnier, or Cointreau, and spoon over muffins. Scatter over most of the blueberries and orange segments. Mix the finely grated orange rind into the custard and pour it over the muffins.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and then spoon it on to the trifle. Scatter over the remaining blueberries and strips of orange zest. Keep the trifle chilled until serving,
Nutritional information per portion