These gorgeous muffins, made with honey, are moist and delicious. Perfect with an afternoon cuppa, or even for a light breakfast or brunch
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g (3½oz) self-raising white flour
- 100g (3½oz) self-raising brown flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp baking powder
- 90g (3oz) oats, plus 1tbsp for sprinkling on top
- 60g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 180g pack fresh blueberries
- 2 medium eggs
- 284ml carton soured cream
- 6tbsp runny honey
- 6tbsp sunflower oil
- 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper muffin cases
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Sieve the white and brown flours into a bowl, tipping in the bran left in the sieve. Add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, oats and sugar. Gently stir the dry ingredients together and sprinkle in the blueberries.
- Beat the eggs in a large jug, then add the soured cream, honey and oil and beat together with a fork.
- Tip the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and gently fold everything together, stirring until the ingredients are just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Sprinkle with the rest of the oats. Bake for 20 mins until well-risen and pale golden. Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.