Like ’em or loathe ’em sprouts are a staple part of Christmas dinner country-wide. This classic version with tasty chestnuts should convert even the most adament of sprout-haters!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 500-750g (1-1½lb) Brussels sprouts, prepared
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 200g packet cooked and peeled whole chestnuts
- 1-2 level tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil; add the sprouts and cook for about 10 mins, until just tender. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in the same pan; add the chestnuts and stir to coat in the butter, then add the sprouts to the pan and mix well.
- Stir in parsley just before serving. Serve straight away.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.