Try this simple and stylish dish of butterflied chicken breast with a balsamic marinade. Serve with mini roasted potatoes and juicy tomatoes
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 300g (10oz) new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 tomatoes on the vine
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A few rocket leaves, to serve
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 7 or 220°C. Put a small roasting tin in the oven to heat up. Add the potatoes and rosemary and drizzle with 1 tbsp of theoil to coat the potatoes. Roast for 30 mins, turning them after about 20 mins.
- Prepare the chicken by placing the fillets on a board. Carefully slice each breast almost in half widthways, keeping the edge intact. Open the breast out along the fold, so it looks like butterfly wings. Rub the remaining oil all over the meat and season well.
- Heat a griddle pan and cook the chicken for 3 mins each side until golden brown and just cooked through. Add tomatoes and lemon halves to cook at the same time. Turn off the heat. Drizzle the meat with vinegar while it is in the pan.
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes, griddled tomatoes, lemon halves and a few leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.