Green vegetables need not be boring! Combine them with prawns and chorizo with this easy stir-fry recipe for a light family meal under 500 cals
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120g packet ready-diced chorizo
- 200g raw, peeled Indonesian prawns
- About 100g Cavelo nero, cut into strips, or ready-shredded curly kale
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, grilled and skinned (use ready roasted for speed, if you prefer), cut into strips
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chunks of rustic bread, to serve
- Heat a wok or frying pan, add the nuts and cook them over a medium heat for 1-2 mins to brown. Tip out and set aside.
- Put the oil and chorizo in the pan and cook over a gentle heat for a min, then turn up the heat, add the prawns and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until lightly pink all over.
- Take them out with a draining spoon. Reheat the oil left in the pan, add the Cavelo nero or kale and pepper strips and stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Put the prawns and chorizo back in the pan and heat through. Season, sprinkle with almonds and balsamic vinegar. Serve stir-fry with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.