- 325g (11oz) strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet easy-blend yeast
- 45g (1½oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 45g (1½oz) butter, melted
- 100ml (3½fl oz) warm milk
- 250g (8oz) soft dried apricots, chopped
- 4 tbsp orange liqueur
- 100g (3½oz) pistachios
- 60g (2oz) dried cranberries
- 100g (3½oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Put the flour, yeast and sugar into a bowl. Add the egg, melted butter and milk. Knead together on a lightly floured surface by hand for 10 mins or with a dough hook in an electric mixer for 5 mins, until smooth and elastic. Put into a greased bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Put apricots into a pan with the orange liqueur. Warm through for 2 mins, then put into a bowl to cool. Whizz the pistachios in a blender until finely ground. Add the cranberries, white chocolate, apricots and liqueur. Whizz again to combine.
- Turn out the mixture on to a sheet of baking parchment and shape into a log about 25cm (10in) long. Pop in the freezer for 5-10 mins, to firm up.
- Roll out the bread dough on a lightly floured surface to 28 x 18cm (11 x 7in). Place the apricot and pistachio log on top, slightly to the left of the centre.
- Brush the left-hand edge with water. Fold the right-hand side of dough over the apricot filling and press edge down firmly, to seal. Cover loosely with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 30 mins. Set the oven Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- Remove the cling film, and then bake the stöllen for 25 mins until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar. Slice to serve.
Nutritional information per portion