A quick and easy snack made with yummy Gruyere cheese and juicy, sweet plum tomatoes. Adding a few basil leaves gives it a Mediterranean flavour
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 half-baked ciabattas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 midi plum tomatoes, halved
- 8 large basil leaves
- 100g (31/2oz) grated Gruyere cheese
- Salad, to serve
- Cut the ciabatta in half, then in half again lengthways. Lightly toast crust sides.Turn slices over and drizzle bases with olive oil.
- Arrange tomato halves on top. Tear up the basil leaves and scatter them over. Season, and sprinkle with grated Gruyere.
- Grill until bubbling and golden. Toast the tops of ciabatta, too. Serve hot with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.