Need a new idea for serving chicken? Stuff chicken thighs with cheese and wrap with bacon to make these simple, yet delicious cheesy chicken and bacon rolls
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2 large skinless, boned chicken thighs
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 rashers rindless back bacon
- Salad, to serve
You will also need:
- 6 cocktail sticks
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Open out the chicken thighs and divide the cheese between them, then close them up again.
- Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife and wrap a rasher of bacon around each parcel to hold it together. Push cocktail sticks through to secure it.
- Put the chicken rolls on an oiled baking tray and roast them for 20-25 mins.
- Remove the cocktail sticks. Slice the chicken rolls and serve them with salad, made with cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, shaved carrot and a vinaigrette dressing.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.