This tasty, cheesy bake is made with butternut squash and potatoes. The hearty gratin is very easy to make and is ideal when the weather is getting colder
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
- 500g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 60g (2oz) butter, diced
- 500g (1lb) squash, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 150g (5oz) raclette cheese slices
- 200ml (7fl oz) hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbss chopped fresh parsley
- 1.25 litre (2 pint)
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Arrange a layer of potatoes in the dish, season and top with a few slices of red onion and knobs of butter.
- Cover with a layer of squash slices, season, sprinkle with some garlic and repeat the potato layer.
- Top with a layer of squash, interleaved with the raclette cheese and finished with the onion and butter.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Cover and bake for 1 hour, uncover and cook for 30 mins or more, until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.