Enjoy these griddled chicken escalopes marinated in lemon and tarragon. Served with a rich olive butter, potatoes and fine green beans
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the olive butter:
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 6 small green olives, stoned and finely diced
- New potatoes, sliced, and green beans, to serve
- Remove any sinews and the fillets from the chicken. Put each piece of meat between 2 sheets of cling film. Use a rolling pin to beat the meat into thin escalopes.
- Mix the oil, tarragon, lemon zest and juice in a large, shallow bowl. Add some black pepper and the chicken, coating pieces well in the marinade. Leave for 30 mins.
- To make the olive butter: Soften the butter, then add the tarragon and olives. Spoon on to greaseproof paper and make into a rough sausage shape about 5cm (2in) long. Roll up and chill.
- To serve: Heat a grill pan on medium-high. Add 2 of the escalopes and grill for 2-3 mins on each side, pressing the meat down to enhance the griddle marking. Set aside, in a warm oven. Cook the other 2 escalopes. Cut each escalope into 3 and serve on potatoes with green beans. Place slices of olive butter on top to melt.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.