This healthy, light soup of Japanese miso with chicken and mushroom makes a great low calorie snack.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 x 15g Japanese miso paste sachets (we used Clearspring)
- 1 chicken breast, skinned and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Dash of soy sauce
- ¼ Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- Pour 600ml (1 pint) boiling water into a pan and whisk in the miso paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cabbage, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the cabbage, cook for 3 mins and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.