Instead of an Indian take-away, why not rustle up this easy to cook curry. Chicken breast is cooked with ready made tikka masala paste and thickened with single cream. Ready in just 35 mins.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2 tbs groundnut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 500g (1lb) chicken breast escalopes, each cut into 4
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbs tikka masala paste (we used Patak’s)
- 500g carton passata
- 170ml carton single cream
- ¼ cucumber, cut into fine sticks
- 5 radishes, cut into fine sticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into fine sticks
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- Boiled basmati rice (see tip)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 mins to soften it.
- Add chicken, season and cook gently for 5 mins, turning meat as needed, until browned.
- Add the tikka masala paste, stir for 1 min, then add the passata and warm through.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the cucumber, radish and carrot with vinegar. Serve alongside the curry and rice.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.