Spice up your evening meal with this quick and easy recipe of chicken strips, new potatoes and sugar-snap peas baked in natural yogurt and mild tikka paste
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 600g (1¼lb) new potatoes, halved
- 150g (5oz) sugar-snap peas
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbps mild tikka paste (or other curry paste)
- 4 tbsps natural yogurt
- 6 chicken thigh fillets or
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into finger strips (1cm/½in)
- 2 handfuls of pea tops (or watercress)
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 mins, or until almost tender. Add the sugar-snap peas to the potatoes and cook for a couple of mins. Stir in the spring onions, then drain the vegetables and tip them into a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, set the grill to high. Mix the curry paste and yogurt in a large bowl, add the chicken strips and coat them well, using your hand. Tip them on to a baking tray and grill them for about 10 mins, turning them halfway through cooking.
- Add the chicken and cooking juices to the hot veg. Serve with pea tops, or watercress, on top.