Modern twist on the classic martini using chilli infused vodka
Makes: 600ml (1pint)
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
FOR THE CHILLI VODKA:
- 1 large red chilli
- 600ml (1 pint) vodka
- Dry vermouth
- Silverskin onion or gherkin, or sliver of chilli
- To make the chilli vodka: Split the chilli lengthways into quarters and add to the vodka in a large jar. Shake the jar and leave in a cool place. Strain the vodka back into a bottle. Label it clearly!
- To make a vodka Martini: Mix 4 parts (tablespoons) of chilli vodka with 1-2 parts (tablespoons) of dry vermouth, as well as crushed ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into a well-chilled Martini glass.
- Add a silverskin onion, or gherkin, on a cocktail stick, and a sliver of chilli.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.