A no-cook cake made with crushed biscuits , butter, sugar and cocoa powder with the addition of walnuts and raisins. Ideal for a tea time treat for all the family. Also great for packed lunches or picnics.
Prep time: 10 mins
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250g (8oz) arrowroot biscuit, or any plain biscuits like a digestive, or a mixture, roughly crushed (in a bag, bashing with a rolling pin)
- 60g (2oz) walnuts pieces, chopped
- 60g (2oz) raisins
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 18cm (7in) square cake tin, lined with bakewell paper
- Put the butter, sugar, cocoa, syrup and milk in a pan and heat gently, stirring until melted together to make a chocolate sauce.
- Add the crushed biscuits, walnuts, raisins and vanilla, if using, and press the mixture into the tin. Chill in the fridge until set firm. Cut into squares.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.