A meal in a pan – a traditional Spanish-style omelette filled with Manchego cheese and spicy chorizo
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 500g (1lb) new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 225g chorizo ring, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, about 125g (4oz), coarsely grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 125g (4oz) Manchego cheese, coarsely grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes for 5 minutes. Drain well and put back in the pan to dry. Don’t worry if they break up a little.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and
- cook for 3-4 minutes, and then add the potatoes and mix in well.
- Add courgette to the pan. Pour in the beaten egg. Season well and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until almost set.
- Heat the grill. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the tortilla. Put the pan under the grill and heat for about 5 minutes until the cheese is golden. Serve warm, straight from the pan. Or cool for about 10 minutes, take out of the pan and serve cold.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.