This is a tasty gravy to further moisten your roast turkey. It is delicious with hints of apple. It is very easy and quick to make.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Cider-flavoured juices from the turkey pan, strained
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- Gravy browning, optional
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Skim the fat from the cider, using a separating jug.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1-2 mins over a low heat. Gradually add the skimmed cider to the pan, allowing the mixture to come to the boil between each addition of liquid.
- Add enough cider to give a smooth gravy. If too thick, add boiling water. Add gravy browning, if you like, and season to taste. Serve piping hot with the turkey.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.