Add a little festive flavour to chicken this Christmas by roasting chicken with clementines. Once cooked, sprinkle with parsley for extra flavour
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 tbsp marmalade (preferably clementine marmalade)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 level tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 4-6 clementines, or tangerines
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl, mix together the marmalade, olive oil, mustard, garlic, ginger and seasoning. Slash the chicken skin diagonally 3 times in each thigh/drumstick. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat it in the marmalade mixture.
- Spread the chicken pieces out in a large roasting tin and pour over any of the marmalade juices in the bowl.
- Thinly slice the clementines, or tangerines, and place over the chicken pieces, pressing some in between the pieces.
- Cover roasting tin with foil and place in the centre of the oven. Bake for 20 mins, then remove foil and bake for a further 30-40 mins, basting occasionally, until chicken is starting to turn golden and the juices run clear when flesh is pierced. Remove from the oven and sprinkle parsley over before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.