Delicious lime and chilli-infused prawn and monkfish threaded on to skewers for the barbecue
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 3 limes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½-1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 400-500g (14oz-1lb) monkfish fillet, skinned
- 200g (7oz) peeled, raw king prawns
- Cooked rice and salad leaves, to serve
You’ll also need:
- 16 small bamboo skewers
- Mix the juice from 1 lime with the garlic, chilli, oil and teriyaki sauce in a shallow dish. Cut the monkfish into 16 x 2.5cm (1in) cubes and put in the marinade with the prawns. Leave to marinate for about 20 mins. Soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Cut the other 2 limes into 8 wedges each. Thread a lime wedge, then a piece of monkfish and 2 prawns on to each skewer.
- Heat a griddle or the grill. Cook the kebabs for 2-3 mins, turning once during cooking. Heat any leftover marinade in a small pan until boiling, then pour it over the kebabs for serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.