Add a little sunshine to your breakfast with this coconut porridge with fresh griddled pineapple. A perfect tropical treat for the winter mornings
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 6 rounded tbsp jumbo oats
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 thick slices of fresh pineapple, unpeeled
- 1 piece of stem ginger in syrup, optional
- Zest of 1 lime
- A little ginger (optional)
- Maple syrup
- Mix the oats and coconut milk in a large bowl. Fill the coconut milk can with water and add it to the mixture. Microwave on High for 5 mins, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan. Sprinkle half the sugar on one side of the pineapple slices. Put sugar-side down on the pan and cook for a couple of mins. Turn the slices over, sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve the porridge sprinkled with the chopped ginger (if using), lime zest and a spoonful of syrup, to taste.
- Cut the pineapple slices into quarters, and serve alongside the steaming porridge.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 18.0g saturates 12.0g calories 390(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.