This easy dish is a delicious light lunch or starter. You just need a vegetable peeler to cut the courgettes into thin ribbons.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 2 medium/large courgettes, green or yellow
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 8 slices (90g pack) Parma ham
- About 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few parsley leaves
- Peel the courgettes into wafer-thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Put them in a bowl with the lemon juice and a little water for a few mins, to soften them.
- Arrange the Parma ham slices and the drained courgette ribbons in ‘waves’ on the four plates, then add some shavings of Parmesan.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together and drizzle over the salad. Season well and garnish with a few parsley leaves.
Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.