If you’re after more cheap family meal ideas, this recipe is a winner. At just 65p per portion, this tasty and nutritious stir-fry is impressive yet affordable
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 125g (4oz) medium egg noodles (this is 2 blocks)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g pack prepared stir-fry vegetables (such as cabbage, peppers, onions, carrots, spring onions)
- 8 crabsticks, each sliced into 3 lengthways
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the noodles and leave for 4 mins until softened. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the stir-fry vegetables and cook for 5 mins until just soft.
- Stir in the noodles, crabsticks and soy sauce and cook for 3-4 more mins to warm through. Serve in bowls.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.