A refreshing, spicy and tangy Thai salad is great as a starter, side dish or main. This is so easy to make and no cooking at all.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 x 170g cans white crabmeat in brine, drained
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 handfuls of mixed rocket and chard or wild rocket
- ½ mild red chilli, finely sliced, optional
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- Lime halves, to serve
For the Nam Jim:
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large green chilli,deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 tbs fish sauce, to taste
- 1 tb soft brown sugar
- 6 tbs chopped fresh coriander stalks and leaves
- To make the Nam Jim: Mix all the ingredients together.
- Mix the Nam Jim into the crabmeat. Check seasoning.
- Line a salad bowl with the leaves. Add the chilli, if using, and slices of avocado. Spoon the crab mixture on top. Serve with lime halves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.