What a winter hearty meal in minutes? Well try our creamy mushroom grains made with ready-to-eat grains, ready-cooked chicken and a carton of wild mushroom soup. A quick and simple tasty midweek supper.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 17 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 100g smoked bacon lardons (from a 200g pack)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 250g pack ready-to-eat mixed grains (bulgar wheat, quinoa with lentils and soya flakes in olive oil, from Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 tbsp sherry, optional
- 600g carton cream of wild mushroom soup (we used New Covent Garden Co’s)
- About 100g (3½oz) readywashed and shredded cabbage (from a 200g pack, from M&S)
- Knob of butter
- 200g pack ready-cooked chicken tikka
- Heat a pan, add the bacon and fry gently for 2 mins. Add the oil and onion, and fry for another 5 mins.
- Add the mixed grains, breaking them up in the pan, and stir-fry for a Minute. Pour in the sherry, if using, then the soup and stir well. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the cabbage in a bowl with a knob of butter and a splash of water, cover and microwave on High for 1½ mins. Add the chicken to the pan and just warm it through. Gently stir the cabbage in with the chicken to serve.
Nutritional information per portion