These crispy roasties will go perfectly with your turkey, plus we’ve got more delicious side dishes like sprouts with chorizo and root veg medley to jazz up your roast dinner
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4tbsp goose fat
- 2kg (4½lb) large potatoes (eg, King Edward, Maris Piper or Desirée), peeled and cut into chunks
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Put a baking tray or shallow roasting tin containing the goose fat in the oven to heat up.
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and cook for about 8 minutes until nearly tender. Drain well. (Keep water for cooking the sprouts.)
- Put potatoes back into the pan, place over a medium heat, and shake them well to roughen edges.
- Quickly add the potatoes to the hot goose fat in the tin. Turn them so that they are coated in fat. Roast for ½ hour, then turn them and carry on cooking for another ½ hour until crisp and golden.
Not suitable for freezing.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 9.0g calories 254(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.