Get plenty of your winter veg by making this quick and simple salad. The added pear slices bring a nice refreshing crunch
Prep time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- ½ a pointed spring cabbage or sweetheart cabbage, weighing about 150g (5oz) when core is removed
- 1 small head of fennel, core removed
- 4-6 radishes, trimmed
- 1 red-skinned pear, quartered and cored
- 6 raw Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tbsp oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- About 30g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Thinly slice the cabbage, fennel, radishes and pear. Pull the leaves apart on the sprouts. Add them all to a large bowl, and carefully mix in the salad dressing.
- Serve sprinkled with hazelnuts and Parmesan.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.