Try our quick and easy toast-topping recipe with lamb’s kidneys, curry paste, mango chutney and a splash of Worcestershire sauce – it’s devillishly good!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Large knob of butter
- 6 lamb’s kidneys, halved, central core removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp balti curry paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1⁄2 tsp English mustard
- Finely grated zest of 1⁄2 a lemon
- 2 spring onions, chopped.
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Toasted malted brown bread or crusty white bread, to serve
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the kidneys and fry for 3-4 mins, until browned. Add the balti curry paste, Worcestershire sauce, mango chutney, mustard, lemon zest and 4 tbsp water. Heat through for 2-3 mins.
- Add the spring onions and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Wilt a good handful of spinach leaves in a small pan or in the microwave, divide between slices of toasted malted brown bread or crusty white bread and top with the kidney mixture.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.