Why have one lot of roast potoates when you can have too! Woman’s Weekly’s easy recipe combines traditional roast potatoes with sweet potatoes
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 3-4 tbsps goose fat or white vegetable fat
- 1-1.5kg (2-3lb) Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the goose fat or white vegetable fat in a large, shallow roasting tin and place in the oven to heat up.
- Cook the Maris Piper potatoes in boiling water for 5-7 mins, then drain them well. Add the potatoes to the pan, along with the sweet potatoes. Turn to coat them with the fat and sprinkle over salt. Cook the potatoes for 1-11⁄4 hours, turning them occasionally. Keep them hot until serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.