Add a little spice to your family’s meal by making this delicious potato dish. Bursting with rich flavours, serve with spinach and a poached egg.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 3 tbsp oil
- 750g (1½lb) thickly sliced, cooked potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala
- About 250g (8oz) fresh spinach leaves (big leaves rather than baby)
- 4 med or large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Small tub of Greek yogurt, to serve, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the potatoes and cook for about 8 mins until browned all over.
- Add the rest of the oil and the garlic and cook for a couple of mins, then stir in 1 tsp of the cumin seeds and all the garam masala.
- Add the spinach and let it wilt for a min or two.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in another pan. Divide the potato mixture between 4 hot plates, then top each with a poached egg. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the rest of the cumin seeds. Drizzle with more oil and serve with Greek yogurt, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 17.0g saturates 3.0g calories 331(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.