A great old fashion pudding which is warming and comforting. This pudding oozes with lemon juice and honey and is easy and cheap to make
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
Total time: 2 hrs
- 175g (6oz) butter, at room temperature
- 175g (6oz) golden caster sugar
- 3 med eggs, lightly beaten
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour, sieved
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbs set honey
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together with an electric mixer, if you have one, until softened and smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs, then fold in the flour and add the lemon zest and juice.
- Spoon the honey into the pudding basin and then add the pudding mixture.
- Cover with a piece of Bakewell paper and then foil, both with a pleat in them to allow for the pudding to rise. Secure with string. Steam for 1½ hrs, topping up the water in the pan, as needed.
- Leave for 5-10 mins. Remove the foil and paper, put a plate on the top and turn the bowl upside down to serve the pudding. Decorate with a few slices of lemon and spoon on more honey, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.