This lemon posset recipe from Woman’s Weekly reader Nemone Head from Herne Bay is easy and can be made in advance.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
Total time: 8 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 600ml carton double cream
- 150g (5oz) vanilla caster sugar (see tip, right)
- Juice of 2 lemons, plus zested rind to use as decoration, if liked
- Biscuits, to serve
- 6-8 small ramekin dishes
- Pour the cream into a saucepan that’s large enough to allow the cream to boil up. Add the sugar. Place the pan on the heat and bring to the boil, then boil for 3 mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice. Pour the cream through a sieve into a jug, and then pour into the ramekin dishes.
- Leave the mixture to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4-6 hrs before serving. Garnish with lemon zest, if liked, and serve with biscuits. (Not suitable for freezing).
Calorie and fat values are for the maximum number of servings stated
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.