A great snack for picnics. Grilled chicken, midly spiced with Thai green curry paste, in crusty rolls with Romaine lettuce leaves for crunch and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce for extra flavour
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Crusty rolls (we used M&S ones)
- 1 level tbs Thai green curry paste
- 3tbs oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- A few romaine lettuce leaves
- About 4tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Mix the curry paste with the oil, lime zest and juice in a nonmetallic dish. Add the chicken thighs and leave to marinate for 10 mins( or overnight if you have the time.)
- Heat a griddle and cook chicken (in 2 batches, if necessary) for about 3 mins on each side, until just cooked and cool.
- Spread the split rolls with mayonnaise. Put a few lettuce leaves on the base of each one, add a chicken thigh and half a thigh, drizzle with chilli sauce and squeeze more lime juice over, if you like. Put the top on, tie and wrap.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.