Whether you’re a curry novice or more of an expert, you’ll love this tasty vegetable curry. At only 131 calories per portion, it makes a great healthy alternative to takeaways
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 500g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (16fl oz) vegetable stock
- 8 small cauliflower florets
- 60g (2oz) French beans
- Heat the oil in a wok or balti pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the balti curry paste and cook for a min.
- Add the parsnip, squash, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 mins, then add the French beans and cook for 5 more mins, until all the vegetables are tender. Serve with rice, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.