A super-quick (just 10 mins) but impressively different sweet treat – serve it as a dessert after a light main course, or as a delicious snack
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- Good-sized knob of butter
- 1 level tablespoon brown sugar
- 3-4tbsp orange juice (fresh or carton)
- 2 fresh figs, quartered
- 2 slices of sweet bread, eg, brioche, fruity soda bread or panettone
- About 1tsp ready-made chocolate sauce
- Put the butter, sugar and orange juice in a frying pan over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat and cook for a minute to get a buttery sauce. Add the figs and cook for a couple of minutes, turning them a few times.
- Meanwhile, toast or griddle the sweet bread. Put the figs on the hot toast, spoon the buttery sauce over the top and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.