Tender haddock with an oozy cheesy topping and roast baby plum tomatoes baked in the oven for just 30 minutes. A delicious fish dinner idea to try
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 250g packet spinach
- 4 cod or haddock fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125g (4oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 level tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 medium egg
- 200g (7oz) small tomatoes on the vine
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Cook the spinach according to the packet instructions. Drain it well and place in the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Place the cod or haddock over the spinach and season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the cheese, mustard, egg and seasoning. Divide the mixture over the fish.
- Take the tomatoes off the vine, but leave the stalks on, place them around the fish. Drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Bake the fish in the centre of the oven for 20-30 mins, or until the cheese melts and is a light-golden colour, and the fish feels tender when a knife is pressed into it. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.