You can’t get better than crumbly shortbread with oozy fudge pieces and this recipe from Woman’s Weekly is perfect for kids’ parties.
Makes: 8 Wedges
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 30g (1oz) caster sugar
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 30g (1oz) fine semolina
- 60g (2oz) soft fudge, finely chopped
- Baking sheet, buttered
- Set the oven to 160°C or gas mark 3.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy. Sift the flour and salt into the bowl, then add semolina and chopped fudge. Blend in with a spoon, and then work by hand to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough lightly on a floured surface until smooth. Roll out to
- a smooth round about 15cm (6in) in diameter. Shape the dough into a neat round, then place it on a baking sheet. Score into eight wedges, prick well with a fork, and then pinch lightly round the edges.
- Bake the shortbread in the oven for 35-40 mins until cooked through, though it should remain pale in colour. Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 20 mins, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storage notes: Not suitable for freezing, but will keep well for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container.Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.