A simple green salad with a cider dressing that would go great with pork.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time:20 mins
- 450g (1 1b ) British new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered1 Small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 150g (51/2oz) Green beans trimmed and halved
- 2 Red skinned eating apples, quartered, chopped and tossed in lemon juice.
- 3 x 15 ml spn (3 tblspn) Olive oil
- 1 x 15 ml spn (1 tblspn) Cider vinegar
- 1 x 15 ml spn (1 tblspn) Fresh tarragon, chopped
- Pinch English mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Blanch the cauliflower and beans for 5 minutes then refresh under cold running water.
- Combine the potatoes, cauliflower, beans and apple in a large bowl.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a screw top jar, shake well and pour over the salad.
- Toss thoroughly then serve immediately.
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.