Perfect for summer BBQ’s picnics or parties, this ginger fizz is a refreshing drink option for grown-ups or adults. All you need is a little sugar, ginger, lemon and soda water to make this easy beverage
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 500g caster sugar
- 350g root ginger, coarsely grated
- Pared rind and juice of 2 lemons
- Soda water or sparkling mineral water, to dilute
- Pour 500ml water into a pan and add the sugar. Place the pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the ginger and lemon rind to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the mixture to cool. Add the lemon juice to the mixture.
- Strain the syrup, pressing as much juice as possible out of the ginger and then discard the ginger.
- Dilute the syrup to taste with soda water or sparkling mineral water. The syrup can be stored in a bottle in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.