These carrot and parsnips chips are glazed with ginger syrup and roasted in goose fat – a perfect addition to a Christmas or Sunday roast
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 600g (1¼lb) large Chantenay carrots
- 4-6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbs goose fat
- 2 tbs ginger syrup from a jar of stem ginger
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Scrub and trim the carrots, and cut them into quarters, lengthways. Add to a pan of boiling water and cook for 4 mins. Add the quartered parsnips and cook for 4 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the goose fat in a baking tray. Drain the vegetables and add to the hot fat. Roast for 30-40 mins, until browning, then drizzle ginger syrup over.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.