Soft cheese and fruity cranberries in a deliciously light filo pastry – perfect for a quick lunch or a light supper
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- About 30g (1oz) butter, melted
- 100g packet soft goat’s cheese
- 2 level tbsp cranberry sauce
- Salad, to serve
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half to give 4 rectangles. Working quickly, before the pastry dries out, brush butter over 2 sheets of pastry, then place the other 2 sheets on top, positioning them diagonally opposite the first sheet.
- Halve cheese and put one half in the centre of each pastry sheet. Spoon cranberry sauce on to each cheese.
- Gather up the pastry around the filling, opening out the pointed corners of the sheet.
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet and brush some butter over the outside of each.
- Bake the parcels for 12-15 mins, or until the pastry turns a light golden colour.
- Remove parcels from the oven and serve immediately with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.