A healthy vegetable dish of sugar-snap peas, fine green beans and broccoli. This is so quick and easy to make, even children can cook it
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 90g (3oz) sugar-snap peas
- 200g (7oz) fine green beans
- 1 head of broccoli, about 200g (7oz) in weight
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 30g (1oz) butter
- Use scissors to trim off the ends of the sugar snaps and fine beans. Then cut the beans into short pieces.
- Snap off the little florets (mini trees!) from the head of broccoli. Put the sugar snaps, beans and broccoli into a non-metallic serving dish.
- Add the lemon zest, butter and 3 tbs water and cover with cling film. Pierce the film several times with a fork. Microwave on High for 5 mins, until the vegetables are almost tender. Leave in the microwave for another 3 mins. Carefully remove with oven gloves.
- Take off the cling film — away from your face as the steam can scald you. Serve the vegetables with the chicken and potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.