Try this delicious grilled salmon fillet topped with wholegrain mustard and served with a soya bean and pea couscous. A perfect quick, cheap and simple to make meal for two
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 300g (10oz) salmon fillet, cut in 2
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 6 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 90g (3oz) frozen soya beans
- 90g (3oz) frozen peas
- 150g (5oz) couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 gherkin, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Set the grill to high. Put the salmon fillets on a Teflon non-stick sheet, on the grill pan, and season with salt and pepper. Spread mustard on each fillet. Grill for 5 mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour 150ml (¼ pint) boiling water from a kettle into a small pan. Add the soya beans, cover and cook for 5 mins. Add the peas and cook for 1 min, then turn off the heat. Stir in the couscous, oil and lemon juice and leave for 3 mins for the couscous to absorb the liquid. Season and stir in the gherkin and parsley. Serve with salmon and tomatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.