An indulgent weekend breakfast or brunch, or a quick and easy pud when the family are shouting ‘what’s for pudding?’, this fruit topped gypsy toast is delicious
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 100g frozen summer fruits
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Knob of butter
- 4 slices of brioche
- Mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
- Gently heat the frozen summer fruits in a pan until warmed through. Add the caster sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Beat the egg and cream together in a shallow dish.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan. Dip the slices of brioche in the egg mix, add to the pan and fry for a few minutes, turning once, until golden. Top with the fruits and a few small mint leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.