This ham, egg and potato pie is from a Woman’s Weekly 1913’s recipe. So simple to make, cover the ham, eggs and potatoes with ready made pastry and bake for about 55 mins – serve hot or cold.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 pack (2 round sheets) Jus-Rol ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 2 large potatoes (at least 500g/1lb), peeled and thinly sliced
- 175g (6oz) ham, diced
- 4 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 26cm (10¼in) pie plate
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Use one of the sheets of pastry to line the pie plate.
- Spread half the potatoes over. Add the diced ham, then break the eggs over the ham and cover with the rest of the potato slices. Season well and spoon over 1 tbsp water.
- Cover with the other sheet of pastry and seal the edges well and decorate them. Put a small hole in the top to let out steam.
- Bake for 30 mins near the bottom of the oven, then put just above the middle of the oven and cook for another 25 mins until the pastry is golden. Serve the pie warm or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.