This delicious Italian toast topper makes a perfect light supper, snack, lunch or weekend brunch in super quick time – try it on toasted ciabatta or rustic wholemeal bread.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 6 portabellini or chestnut mushrooms
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- A few lemon thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 slices ciabatta or rustic wholemeal bread, toasted
- Put the portabellini or chestnut mushrooms, stalks down, with the roughly chopped tomatoes on a foil-lined grill pan. Sprinkle with lemon thyme leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill for 2 mins, turn the mushrooms and stir the tomatoes. Grill for 2 more mins.
- Rub the toast with the cut surface of the garlic and top with the hot tomatoes and mushrooms. Sprinkle with a few extra thyme leaves and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper.