An Italian inspired stir-fry of chicken, olives and sweet peppers all cooked in one pan. A quick, easy and colourful supper for 4 people
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g (10oz) mini chicken breast fillets or chciken breast, cut into strips
- 3 chargrilled sweet peppers (froma jar) cut into strips
- 12 pitted black olives
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful of shredded basil leaves
- Cous cous flavoured with lemon and basil, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan, add the chicken strips and cook, without stirring, to brown on one side, then turn them over and stir-fry until brown all over.
- Reduce the heat, add the pepper strips, olives, the rest of the oil and the lemon juice. Warm through. Shred the basil leaves, add them to the pan and serve with the cous cous.