Perfect for a sweet treat with an afternoon cuppa, these melt-in-the-mouth biscuits filled with jam will be a hit with the whole family and they’re super-easy to make
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg yolk
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 90g desiccated coconut
- About 8tsp raspberry jam
- About 8tsp apricot jam
- 2 baking trays lined with baking paper
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Beat the butter, sugar and orange zest with a hand-held electric whisk, if you have one. Add the egg yolk and vanilla, and beat well. Fold in the flour and coconut.
- Take tbsp of mixture and roll them into balls. Put them on the baking tray, spaced apart, and press them down to flatten slightly, then push your thumb into them to make a dip for the jam. Spoon about half a tsp of jam in each dip.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, or until lightly browned. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.