Kabanos served with potatoes and rocket salsa
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 kabanos (Polish sausages)
- 50g pack of rocket
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 900g (2lb) red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE SALSA:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 rounded tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
For the crushed potatoes:
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling salted water and cook until just tender. Drain well. Take out about half the potato and set aside. Mash the rest left in the pan with a masher or a fork.
- Stir the unmashed potato, with 2 tablespoons olive oil, into the rough mash in the pan. Season well.
- Heat a frying pan, add the tablespoon of oil and sausages and heat them through for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the rocket to the pan and let it wilt down for a minute or two. Add half to the crushed potatoes. Now add the salsa ingredients to the pan and heat through for a minute.
- Serve the crushed potatoes with the sausages and spoon the warm rocket salsa over.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.